Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Fish

These are two of Grae's victims. The top one is a Yellow Eyed Mullet, a very abundant species that can be found in close to shore and in tidal streams and rivers. The bottom one is a Piper that was snagged as it swam past the lure and was stabbed by the treble hook on the end of a 'Hex Wobbler'. I have a moral dilemma with fishing, on the one hand I enjoy the gadgets and gear, I also enjoy the thought of what I might catch, especially in the ocean, where it could be many different species. The thrill of winding in the line and seeing what has has been caught is a rare and exciting occasion. I do however feel huge pangs of guilt at the suffering I inflict on the fish. I do as much as I can to safely and respectfully release the ones I'm not going eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment