Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pegs





My fascination and appreciation with things domestic seems to be increasing since I become a house husband. My dear friend Kirstin on her return from Napier and Gisborne where she and her children were escaping the hundreds of aftershooks, very generously gifted me a large collection of used wooden clothes pegs. I was instantly attracted to them. I rushed off into my natural light studio and took portraits of each one. I like the way no two are exactly the same. The years of use has burnished some, other look like a toddler has used them for chewing practice. I'm keen to put all the portraits in a series and publish it as a book.
I also did a group portrait. I enjoy the simplicity, elegance and colour of the vintage enamel bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment